Mar 26, 2010

Hi, my name is Devan and I'm an Audrey wannabe.

"People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed and redeemed; never throw out anyone." ~Audrey Hepburn

I'm taking Audrey's advice. People have to be renewed and revived. This blog is my way of reviving myself and reclaiming independence that I long since lost. I've always been the one to follow everyone else's expectations and demands...except my own. So I've decided to start this blog for myself. A way of talking about my life and realizing that it is my life and the special things that make up my days are things that I think are worth mentioning.

I've always been an Audrey Hepburn fan. Yes, I'm guilty of buying the black sheath dress and big sunglasses because I thought they'd give me that Hepburn-air that I've looked for, but even more than her amazing fashion sense, I admire her poise. Coming right down to it, Audrey and I are nothing alike. She was born in Belgium, lived through a war and made a vow to herself that she'd never weigh more than 103 pounds. I was born in Kentucky, the closest thing I've seen to war is a Kentucky-Louisville rivalry game, and weighing a 103 pounds is a number I'd see only if I decided to suddenly starve myself. Audrey was a world famous actress, known for her impeccable style and memorable movie roles. The only acting I've done is serving as the Virgin Mary in my church's Live Nativity scene. Although our circumstances are completely different, I do believe that Audrey's attitude, charm, poise and overall air about her is something that can be achieved. And I hope to do just that.

Currently, I'm living with my husband in my dream home (little, homey and perfect), dreaming of the day when babies will fill it. As any homeowner, I have big plans on how the house can be improved, but am lacking the budget to fulfill them. Because of our lovely economy, I have a good job, but not the one that I want. So my search is ongoing to find an agriculture job that doesn't mind taking a chance on someone with passion and drive, but little job experience. If needed, I'm hoping that I can handle the rejection as Audrey might have. So this is my life currently....I'll keep you posted on my life as an Audrey wannabe.

2 comments:

Holli said...

Yay! I am so proud of you!

Unknown said...

I like that this is happening. You guys should have babies. They'll be cute. :-)

Post a Comment

Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...