Aug 15, 2012

OOTW tackles the bathroom...

It's been a craaaaaaazy Wednesday (I feel like I'm saying that a lot!) but there's still organizing to be done! 
Last week, I took a break from organizing and promised to return with a project that would knock your socks off.  Well, it hasn't happened yet.  You know when you have an idea in your head but you can't find exactly what you're looking for?  That's my life right now.  I have this brilliant idea.  But no one else seems to support my idea because I have a particular item in mind that I cannot find.  Anywhere. 
So in the meantime, I'll show you a little organizing tip from my very own bathroom.  I love this idea because it's not only organized and functional, but it's pretty too.  We live in a pretty little house...ideal for a starter home...but it lacks MAJORLY in space.  Little cabinet space, little storage space, little counterspace.  Our master bathroom is no exception.  When we moved in, I literally had all of my crap strewn all over our countertop.  But with such little space, I couldn't figure out how to organize everything.  Until one day when I was at my parent's house.  And my mom was talking about having my Peepaw's old toolbox that he made in Ag Shop in high school.  It was like a light bulb going off.  And this idea was born:

No, my toolbox isn't my Peepaw's, unfortunately...but when I told my mom of my idea, she was on the hunt for me.  This beauty was found in my dad's shop.  I swiped it borrowed it and brought it straight home.  With a few old Mason jars, I have my very own, unique bathroom countertop storage.
The jars are perfect for holding our cotton balls, q-tips and toothbrushes.  There's another slot for my hand soap. 

I love organizing!  And finding a new home for old things!  Hope your Wednesdays are getting a little more organized! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...