Feb 11, 2013

I'm Promise I'm Back.

I'm back guys.  I know I've said it before (like this is the third time)...but I'm really back.  Back to attempting to be my normal Super Messy Supermommy self and blogging about it.  I've missed you peoples!  So let's get to it!  We've got a lot of ground to cover since I've been gone.

I've been a terrible Hot Mama.  Basically, I've been all Hot Mess and no Hot Mama.  I haven't attempted to eat healthy, I've stopped making dinner and I've stopped watching my calories.  I haven't stepped on my scale in weeks because I'm scared to death of the number that's going to show up.  NO MORE!  I'm taking back control over my weight and my body.  I've been awful lately.  It's embarrassing.  And I've been doing it for the wrong reasons.  I've been dieting and watching my weight so I can look good for other people.  So others can look at me and say "Wow!  Devan looks great and has lost so much weight!"  It's been more for other's view of me instead of for myself and for God.  Because God says "So eat your meals heartily, not worrying about what others say about you--you're eating to God's glory, after all, not to please them. (1 Corinthians 10:31 MSG)"  Basically, don't starve yourself because you're afraid what someone will say when you eat that Big Mac, but at the same time, you're eating to God's glory.  Do you think that He's going to be happy if I'm not taking care of the body He gave me?  It's all about moderation.  Enjoying the things that He offers in life, but not to excess.  So I'm going to get rid of the "d" word.  Diet.  I'm going to start dieting eating right and taking care of myself. 

To start, I found a great semi-healthy recipe that I want to share with you guys.  Last night, my church had a chili cook-off.  Being a Supermommy wannabe, I attempted my hand at a Sweet Chili recipe--modified from this recipe.  It. Was. Fantastic.  But I still didn't win. Oh well.  The chili is fantastic.  And I want to share the recipe with you guys.

"Stop and Go Sweet Chili"
1 lb hamburger
1/2 onion, chopped
1 red pepper, diced
1 yellow pepper, diced
1 green pepper, diced
2 (~15 oz) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
2 cans diced tomatoes
3 (6 oz) cans of tomato paste
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 packet chili seasoning
1 1/2 cup water
Salt to taste (optional) 
Cooked spaghetti noodles (optional)

1. Brown hamburger and onions in a large pot.
2.  Add peppers and cook until soft.
So colorful!
 3.  Add the rest of the ingredients and cook until hot. Makes approximately 15 cups.

I added spaghetti noodles to my chili because, let's be honest, chili isn't real chili unless it has spaghetti noodles in it.

But the secret to this chili being so good?  The brown sugar.  It definitely makes it a sweeter chili than a normal recipe, so warn people that they're eating a "sweet chili" or they'll be put off by the flavor.  Here's how I know it was successful:  my husband said it was good.....AND he asked if I would make it again.  That never happens folks.


I'm drooling right now, just thinking about it.  And you know what stinks?  I didn't win, but my chili was completely gone by the end of the night.  So I have no blue ribbon AND no leftovers to enjoy!  Harrumph. 

Alright, so I'm getting back on the healthy wagon.  You do it too.  And go make some sweet chili. :) 

P.S.  Since I'm recently obsessed with "Kid President," have watched all his YouTube videos and stalk follow him on Twitter, here's your "Kid President Pump You Up Thought of The Day!"


Get to it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...