Jun 16, 2012

eBay, anyone?

Are you guys getting tired of hearing about saving money?  Good, because I'm not finished.  One of the biggest ways to get money back into your account is to take a good long look around your house and get rid of those things that you don't really need.  Idea:
On January 1, turn all of your hangers in your closet around backwards.  Every time you take something out and actually WEAR it (I'm guilty of taking it out, putting it on, changing my mind and putting it back), then flip the hanger around the right way.  In 6 months, get rid of any item that's still hanging backwards.  You can have a yard sale if you're wanting to make a little extra cash.  I think this is going to be on my mid-year resolution...I don't want to wait until next January! 

I think we all have that one item in our house that we regret buying.  That we know we spent too much on, that we didn't really need, that we wish we had the money back on it every time we see it.  My item was a Dooney & Bourke Disney sketch purse.  I saw a girl at a UK basketball game with an adorable clutch with Mickey ears and balloons all over it.  Had. To. Have. It.  Literally, the next day, I went on the Disney Store's website and located them.  You can see the entire Dooney & Bourke Disney collection here.  I wanted one so badly.  Until I saw the price.  I was not going to spend that much money on a purse.  It was absurd.  So I put the idea out of my mind....for a little while.  Until Christmas came along and my dad gave each of us a cash gift.  Enough cash to buy my little purse.  Instead of being a smart, financially saavy little girl and saving my money, I bought the purse.  I was so excited, until it came in the mail.  And it was a lot smaller than I was expecting.  I was disappointed and, more than that, I felt guilty.  Literally, every time I saw the purse sitting in the back of my closet, my stomach turned.  I had to bury it in the back of my closet because I became nauseous every time I caught sight of it.  Terrible, I know.  But I didn't want to give it away or sell it in a yard sale because I'd paid so much for it!  So it sat in the back of my closet, unloved and unused.  When I began my Penny Pinching quest, I started to go through my closet in preparation for our family yard sale.  That's when I came across the purse again.  Instead of putting it in with the yard sale junk, I discovered eBay.  I've always been really hesitant whenever eBay was involved.  Auctions make me a little bit panicky.  I don't like bidding up until the last minute on something that I really want.  So I've decided to take advantage of all eBay has to offer, not as a buyer, but as a seller.  Here she is!
You can buy this item HERE
 Cross your fingers that it sells!! Because I really hate feeling nauseous and being intimidated by a purse.
Update: in less than 24 hours, I've got a bidder! I'm guaranteed at least $95 back on this baby! What on earth was I afraid of??

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...