Sep 16, 2012

Pray for me. Seriously.

Fellow moms reading this blog, please keep me and Avery in your thoughts and prayers tonight. If you're a faithful reader of this blog, you know Avery's sleep issues. She is 13 1/2 months old and doesn't sleep through the night yet. In her 410 days on this earth, she's maybe slept through the night 30 times or less. In the past, I have tried different sleep techniques to try to help Avery sleep through the night. I tried the tactics in the "No Cry Sleep Solution" for weeks. Avery wasn't having any of it. We've tried weaning her off nighttime bottles (successful), tried sleep machines, strict bedtime routines. You name it, we've tried it. We even tried crying it out. When Avery was probably 4 months old, I suffered through the crying it out drama. It worked. Until Avery got an ear infection and all my hard work went out the window. Since then, I haven't had the heart to make her cry it out again. I hated every single second of those 3 nights when she was little.  So I had pretty much accepted that Avery would be up every night until her toddler years and I would just have to suck it up.  Lately, Avery has been getting up during the night, just for the sake of being up and wanting to whine just so I'll come into her bedroom. As soon as I give her a pacifier and lay her down, she goes right to sleep. At first, she would wake up around 5 am every morning. That, I could handle. That is almost a full night's sleep before I have to get up and tend to her. But slowly, Avery is waking up earlier and earlier every night. Last night, she was up at 1, 2:30 and 5. And I've had a sickness for a month and a half that I can't get over because I'm not getting any sleep at all. So, basically, last night was the last straw. Tonight, I'm letting her cry it out. Im not looking forward to this at all. I love my husband dearly and he helps me with every single thing I've ever asked in regards to Avery--dirty diapers, snot wiping, spit up, everything--but I'm on my own with this one. God love him, Marty just can't listen to her cry (not that it's my favorite thing in the world either ).  This means I'm committing to multiple sleepless nights. Isn't that better than multiple sleepless years?  And I'm not willing to do that. So, fellow moms and faithful readers, pray for me. This is not something I'm looking forward to.  At. All. Keep us in your thoughts and pray Avery is receptive to this sleep training and that I'm not up for weeks letting my kid cry it out. *deep breath*

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww you poor thing! I don't know how you do it - sleepless nights or hearing her cry. I don't know what I will do if I ever have kids - I can't even handle it if my dog whines/cries.

Post a Comment

Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...