Oct 24, 2012

Hair.

I have a hate/hate relationship with my hair.  I hate it and it obviously hates me because it refuses to do anything I want it to.  Lately, I've been undecided on the status of my hair.  I look at pictures like this....
...and I think I want long hair again.  It was pretty, I felt younger and skinnier.  Then I remember that it was always a pain to curl and make it look just right and most of the time, it looked messy and heavy.....

...and I think that it wasn't worth it.  So then I look at pictures of my hair right after my wedding when I'd had enough of the long hair business and chopped it all off....

...and I think I want short hair again. It was easy, it was efficient, it looked cute.  Then I remember that I have craptastic thin hair that even the best root boosting, volumizing product can't help and I'm afraid I look balding with short hair....

...and I think I want to shave my head.  Not to mention my bangs.  My $*@(!* bangs.  Without mincing words, I HATE them.  I was cursed blessed enough to get a cowlick right in the middle of my bangs near my natural part.  Needless to say, having cute, bob style bangs was never an option for me.  So I thought I could pull off the side swept bangs that seem to be all the rage.  But, because of my cowlick, my bangs separate away from the rest of my hair:

So I'm trying to grow my bangs out to avoid this issue.  Except, right now, it's in the "growing-out-in-my-face-looks-totally-stupid-and-drives-me-crazy" phase and it's all I can do not to take a pair of scissors and chop them down to my scalp.  *sigh*  What do I do?  I've never been good at hair.  I don't know what products to use, I don't do hairstyles (although I wish I had time to do them) and I'm just at a loss on how to make my hair look good.  What's your vote?

4 comments:

Ashley G said...

I also seem to have this relationship with my hair! I've been taking biotin once a day and I am AMAZED at how many issues it's help with. My hair is stronger, shinier, easier to manage, I almost swear by it. I haven't been this happy with my hair since high school!

Unknown said...

i like the shorter hair - and i don't think it looks flat! but you know...i cut my hair all off 2 weeks before my wedding. http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=3399772995129514789#editor/target=post;postID=238821978286681086

i would think your hairstylist would be able to create more OOMF with the cut - i've found you have to really describe what you want and absolutely what you don't want - especially when going shorter!

Unknown said...

I agree with Rachel - Shorter hair for the win. Also having a great stylist is key too. That way they can manipulate the cut to do what you want (or don't want it to do) and teach you how to work with it at home. Let me know if you need one and I will give you mines info - he is great with all types of hair - half of the women in my family go to him. LOL

Kelly Richardson said...

Add some layers to a mid length cut and I think you will be set!

Post a Comment

Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...