Nov 12, 2012

Hot Mess Monday {Week 16}

Hot mess Monday time.  And yes, I'm feeling more hot messy than anything else this week.  I haven't blogged, I haven't slept and I haven't exercised.  *sigh*  Hopefully next week I'll be back in the "hot mama" mentality.

Original weight:  142.5 lbs
Last week's weight:  132.4 lbs
This week's weight:
Weight lost from last week:  zilch.
Overall weight lost:  10.1 lbs.

I'm still feeling good about the weight I've lost throughout my entire journey.  But this week, I just felt downright chubby.  Nothing fit right.  Since it's been getting chillier, I've had to pull out my fall/winter clothes.  The problem is, I don't have any warmer clothes that really fit my new shape.  Last fall, I'd just had a baby, so I was still sporting a lot of maternity and large sized clothing.  The year before that, I wasn't pregnant, so I was wearing my skinny clothes.  Now, fast forward to this year.  I don't need the larges or the maternity clothes, thanks to my 10 pound weight loss (gosh that feels good to say), but I certainly cannot fit into my pre-baby clothes anymore. That leaves me with maybe 6 shirts and one pair of jeans that I feel good in.  I have no dress pants, no sweaters, no extra pairs of jeans for backups.  I hear you now: "So just go buy yourself some new clothes Devan."  Thanks for the advice, but we have a tiny little problem.  My daughter Avery is a tiny little thing.  Right now, at 15 1/2 months old, she's sporting 9 and 12 month clothing.  Clothing that she SHOULD have been wearing this past spring and summer for her one year birthday.  So every piece of 9-12 month clothing she owns is short sleeved or sleeveless--all meant for warmer weather.  Not 50 degrees and raining.  I've been slowly trying to build up her wardrobe with sweaters and long sleeves and jackets.  Add in Christmas presents needing to be purchased and that doesn't leave a whole lot of money to make me feel like a hot mama.  Ah well.  I guess I just need to make do with the shirts and jeans that I have and keep myself feeling good, instead of trying to fit into those old clothes. 
I have started tracking my meals again on My Fitness Pal and I'm retraining myself to watch what I'm eating.  I'm also going to start the Couch to 5K program, courtesy of my mom's treadmill.  I'm going to be printing out those quotes that I found last week {Suck it up, and one day you won't have to suck it in!}.  And hopefully, next week, I'll see the number "131" on my scale.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...