Jun 10, 2013

Pooh Pooh.

Yooooouuuuu guyyyysss.... (I've got my whiny voice on....can you tell??)

I'm having the hardest time EVER finding a cute outfit for Avery's birthday party.  First, let me start by saying that I know she doesn't have to have a new outfit for every birthday.  But I like the idea of making it a tradition.  My sister and I always got a new dress on Easter and Christmas.  Why not let Avery get a new outfit for her birthdays that make her feel special and party-ready?  Also, when I come up with a party theme, I see it to fruition.  I want it to be Pooh everywhere, even down to the outfit.  Back to the mission....

I've decided that Avery's 2nd birthday will be Winnie the Pooh themed.  She's into everything from Mickey to Sofia the First to Lady and the Tramp to Tangled.  The girl loves a different movie every day of the week. So coming up with a theme for this year was fairly difficult.  Back in March, Avery went through a pretty epic Winnie the Pooh phase.  We watched the Pooh movie every single day on repeat, we read Pooh books, we talked about Pooh, we slept with a Pooh blanket.  That's when I started looking on Pinterest at Pooh themed parties.  And I FELL IN LOVE.   I won't share any details because I don't want to ruin it, but holy cow...I'm pumped about this party.  Slowly after that, though, Avery started watching a different movie every week and has kind of gone away from the Pooh obsession.  This momma says too bad though, because we're going to have a rockin' Pooh party.  Avery obsessed, or not.

I've decided on invitations, food, decorations and favors.....which leaves the birthday outfit.

Let me be the first to say that I LOVE all things Disney.  I live for the day that my husband says we're going back to Disney World and can quote Disney movies like it's my job.  I do not, however, love Disney themed children's clothes.  They're just kind of tacky in my opinion.  So, when I was searching for Pooh outfit and came up with options like these below, I felt a little discouraged.




If you loved these items, don't get your feathers ruffled...they're just not my style AT ALL.

And I'm kind of over the whole "birthday-number-applique-on-a-tshirt" phase.



Again, if your child is sporting one of these at their upcoming party, don't get your panties in a wad.  My kid wore one for her first birthday party:


It's just one of those "been there, done that" kind of things.  I want something new.  I want something different than I'm seeing on Pinterest and every Winnie the Pooh party themed blog I've come across.  It's like I have a vision in my mind, but I'm just not sure what it is.  I feel like when I see it, I'll just know.   But for now, I'm feeling super frustrated that I'm just going to end up sticking my kid in a Pooh t-shirt from Walmart.  Help?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...