Well, there's nothing better to keep your mind off a current situation than a good old-fashioned distraction. Mine's going to come in the form of a new project! Actually, a new series for the month of October. Introducing.....
October's Do-overs! I don't do Halloween. And even though I adore Fall, I don't decorate my house for it. Instead, I'm going to spend the month of October redo-ing furniture pieces I've picked up.
Do you guys remember my yard sale finds that I was going to breathe new life into? Well, it hasn't happened yet. Instead, they're sitting in my garage, sad and alone and covered in dirt. I loved these pieces when I bought them, so why not love them even more after some TLC so I can FINALLY get them in my house? Reminder on all the pieces I'm going to redo.
1. A red corner table. I have zero ideas for this one.
2. A side table with little cubbies. I may have a idea for this.
3. A piece of cardboard-y type material. I have an idea for this redo.
4. An octagon shaped table. Not really sure where this one's gonna go yet....maybe just getting a redo and then getting resold.
5. A desk. This is the project that I want to complete SOON because I NEED this desk in my house.
These pieces are junking up my garage. When we bought our house, I'd never had a garage before. I had dreams (and Pinterest pins) of a ridiculously organized garage. HA! Thanks to all this furniture, I barely have enough room to walk from my car to the door in my house. It's all gotta go!
So, I'm going to be redoing a piece of furniture each week (maybe two, depending on how easy/hard the project of that week is).
I'm going to spend less than $30 apiece on each project. Penny pinching, begin!
Can't wait to get my hands dirty and start re-doing!