Jan 22, 2014

Planner Update!

You guys have really overwhelmed me with your responses to my post about making my own planner.  I've gotten tons of compliments, questions about how I made the different sections, an old friend of mine telling me she's copying it exactly (imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, friends!) and even two people asking me to make one for them.  You all are so sweet.  :)

Since there's been so much interest, I thought I'd do a little update to show you a few changes that I've made to my planner.

Since I have three sections in my planner, I HAD to have some sort of tab/divider system.  Flipping through the pages was getting really annoying.  Insert Post It Note Durable Tabs.


I picked the large, 2 inch white tabs to distinguish between the calendar, blog and "28th and Hudson" sections of my planner.


I also liked the idea of having tabs to easily access every month of the calendar.  For that, I went with the smaller, 1 inch colored tabs.  They had different colors available...a pack of 3 neon colors and the basic primary colors.  Since I hate both pink and orange, primary colors were a given.  

Yesterday, I asked a question of my Facebook friends, looking for suggestions for good pens/markers for my brand spanking-new planner.  The overwhelming response?  Paper Mate Flair pens.  


I bought the twelve pack.  I love lots of options for colors (I'm a doodler).   I actually caught these babies for $10.99 at my local Staples (regular price was $18.99) AND I had a 15% off coupon.  Score!  

I've had these pens for less than 24 hours and I'm already in love. 

Not only did I get some tabs and some pens, but I also picked up these adorable clear pockets to hold the tabs and pens in. 


They're Post-It brand pockets (which I'm already obsessed with), came in a pack of three and were only $5.  Love 'em.  

If you've been inspired to make your own planner, send pictures!!  I want to see the different ideas you come up with to make your planner unique!  Happy organizing! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...