Oct 28, 2013

Vintage Posters? I'm in Love.

Few things make me happier than finding a hidden gem on the Internet.

I was recently reading a copy of "HGTV Magazine" (my newest obsession), and one of the rooms they were featuring had some vintage looking posters framed and hung up around their house. I thought they were cute, but kind of dismissed the thought because, honestly, who has time to search flea markets and antique stores for the "right" vintage poster that matched the feel and decor of their homes??

Until I looked in the fine print at the bottom of the article.  These posters came from a website.  A FREE website.  www.freevintageposters.com I quickly hopped on my iPad typed it in the search bar.  I was immediately in love.  I want them all.  Okay, maybe not all of them, but I want a bunch.


^ This is perfection.  It matches my living room/dining room to a T.  Most definitely downloading it.


^ Vintage Disneyland??  It matches nothing in my house, but I have a feeling I'm going to make it fit somewhere.


^I just think it's fun and I'm envisioning it having a home somewhere in Avery's playroom.


^A vintage poster promoting snail mail?  Heaven.  Can't you picture this in in a home office??  I don't have a home office.....yet.....but I downloaded it anyway.


^Here's the one that's just plain silly.  But I love everything about it.  I love the colors, the styling, the lettering...all of it.  I don't know where this will go, but I will incorporate this into my decor somehow.

Aren't they fun?? I've recently decided on my style of home decor and feel pretty comfortable in how to decorate my home (it'll take years, but I'll eventually get it exactly how I want it) and I'm not afraid to incorporate silly, fun pieces if they actually mean something to me.  In fact, I found this quote on Pinterest this weekend that solidified that thought:


For a long time, I've been worried about picking pieces that looked a certain way.  I thought I needed to pick things straight out of the Target Threshold home decor line to make my house look like something out of a magazine.  But recently, I've been drawn to homes that are a mix of the old and the new.  I admire people that can take old things and look at them a certain way and then make it fit into their home decor.

I've decided I don't want my home to look a certain way....I want it to feel a certain way.  I want it to be homey, warm, inviting.  I've decided that I'm going to be visiting lots more flea markets, yard sales and antique stores to accomplish this.  Follow me on my journey?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...