Jan 9, 2014

Ter-rug-fic.

Hello.  My name is Devan and I have a phobia of committing to a rug.

What is my DEAL?!  I swear, I've talked about rugs on this blog more than I've talked about Avery.  Okay, maybe not quite that much, but still a lot.  I'm just nervous about dropping a significant amount of money on an item that I have absolutely no idea how it's going to look in my room, with my decor or, most importantly, how it's going to hold up when Hurricane Avery--with all her juice spilling, glitter shedding, Spaghetti-O dropping goodness--hits.  Maybe you're not like me.  Maybe you're the type of person that can head over to Anthropologie and drop $800 on a rug that you'll switch out in a year.  Sorry peeps.  That ain't me.  In fact, that's so far from me, I can't even relate to that kind of person.  I'm the type that sees rugs for $200 and wonder how many organs I have to sell to be able to afford something like that.  And I'm just really freaking nervous about spending that much money and hating the rug when it arrives.  To me, rug = HUGE commitment.

You all may remember awhile back, I thought I found the perfect rug for my living room.  Check it.


I am so sad to say, that after less than a year, this rug looks like crap.  It's worn down, shows every little mark, spill, every Avery mishap.  I honestly think this rug was meant to be an outdoor rug and it just fooled me with it's pretty yellow flowers.  

But, in the time I've had this rug, I've realized....I want color.  I want a rug that's going to match a variety of different color schemes if I decide to change from the navy and grey theme I'm going with now.  I'm so afraid of color in my real life.  I'm afraid of paint colors, afraid of colorful accessories.  I would never paint a main wall of my house a bold color.  It's just not me. But I love color.  So I think the perfect solution to bring a little color in my room is through my rug.  Problem is.  I cannot make a decision.  I think I've got it narrowed down to four.  Help me??  (tip:  I couldn't get the entire rug in the collage.  Click on the different links to see the whole rug so you can get the full effect.)


Option 1 rug is from Wayfair.  It's $150 for a 5' x 7' and I get 10% off.  I love the subdued color.  It's color, but not "punch you in the face" color.  The more I look at it, the more I love it.  



Option 2 is from Joss and Main.  It's $195 for a 5' x 8'.  It's by far the safest option out of my four favorites.  "Safe Devan" is begging me to go with this one.  "Adventurous, Wants to Go for Color Devan" is mad that I'm even considering it. 


Option 3 is another from Wayfair.  It's $155 for a 5'2" x 7'6".  It's fun, it's colorful, it's got a lot going on.
 Too much?


Option 4 is from Home Depot.  (Whoops. The link is wrong. Go here-- http://m.homedepot.com/p/Shaw-Living-Chromatic-Ivory-5-ft-x-7-ft-9-in-Area-Rug-3UA9279100/204354317/). It's $179 for a 5' x 7'9".  I'm obsessed with this one.  It's like Option 3, but the colors are richer, deeper....I think it looks a little more luxe.  The more I look at it, the more I think it might be "the one."  But there's no reviews for it on the website.  And I'm scared to death to buy this rug and hate it when it comes in.

S.O.S.  I need help deciding!!

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

I love 1 & 2!!

Blake Leitch said...

FYI Option #4 is no longer available.

Post a Comment

Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...