Feb 25, 2014

Elbow Patches are the Easiest.

I know Valentine's Day has come and gone, but I still wanted to share this craft with you all, so bear with me!

I found the original idea over at the Night Owl Blog .

Heart elbow patches for Valentine's Day!


I didn't take step-by-step pictures this time.  Normally, I modify a craft I find to suit my tastes/needs/supplies.  But Kimberly at the Night Owl Blog makes this craft SO easily and so easy to follow that I didn't need to modify anything.  

If you don't want to hop on over to the original tutorial, here's the steps I followed:

Supplies needed: 

--Felt (I found mine at a craft store in individual 8 1/2" x 11" sheets...every color imaginable was available)
--No Sew Fabric Glue
--Paint pens
--Scissors
--Tshirt in the color of your choice

1.  On the felt, draw the shape of a heart.  Cut original out and then trace to draw the second heart.  You do want them to look the same, afterall.  

2.  Once both hearts were cut from the felt, I took the paint pen and mimicked stitches all the way around the edge of the heart.  

(this isn't the best picture in the world, but it gives you a better idea of what I'm talking about....)


3.  Decide where you want to place the hearts on your child's shirt.  To do this, I put the shirt on my daughter and then made a dot on each elbow where I wanted them to go.  She thought it was the funniest thing that Mommy was marking on her shirt.  Insert lecture about how Mommy can draw on her shirt to make something pretty, but Avery isn't allowed to.  That was fun. 

4.  Follow the instructions on the back of the glue bottle and glue the hearts onto the designated spot. 

5.  Let the glue dry for 24 hours before wearing the shirt.  A full week before you can wash it.  

And there you have it.  You can literally do anything your little heart desires with this project.  Have a son that's into sports?  Make baseball, basketball, soccer or football elbow patches.  Or just do a regular circle on a printed shirt to add a little flair.  I'm loving this project.  And it took all of 5 minutes to complete. 


And it's Avery-approved too. Note:  I didn't tell her to pose like that.  I just asked if she would stand still so mommy could take a picture of her new shirt.  *sigh* Can we just all stop for a second and be in awe of how my 2 1/2 year old looks SIX in this picture??

And then she was over it. 


Ahhhh.  Life as a toddler mom. 

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

I love this!!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks! And it was sooooo easy!!

Post a Comment

Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...