Feb 15, 2014

More Raving about Hobby Lobby.

This is my confession.

I have ZERO self control when I walk into a Hobby Lobby.  For some people, it's Target.  I can control myself, for the most part in there.  For other people, it's a clothing store.  I have a super low self esteem about my body image right now, so I have NO problem turning down the idea of trying on and buying new clothes.

But Hobby Lobby?  It gets me.  It's probably a very good thing that the nearest one is 45 minutes away.

On Tuesday, my addiction paid off.  I literally walked in to check and see if they had one item in stock.  They didn't.  I still walked out with a much lighter wallet.  How do they do it?

With things like these:


This clock.  It's GIGANTIC.  And heavy.  Like heavier than my kid, heavy.  Not entirely sure how it's going to hang on the wall.  Good thing stuff like that is Marty's job.  :)

I got this hugantic clock for.......$40.  It was originally $200!!  In fact, my sister and I saw one just like it on the regular shelf for $199.99.  The difference is, mine is missing a piece at the top that would resemble the wind on a pocket watch.  Win for me!

I really want to hang it on my dining room wall, which currently looks like this:


We've been in our house for almost a year now and I'm just over the window wall.  I think the giant clock would be an awesome focal piece for a gallery wall.  Problem is, I'm scared of gallery walls.  I love the look of eclectic gallery walls where homeowners have put a mix of pictures and items together to look cohesive.  I don't think I'm that decoratingly gifted to be able to pull something like that off.  At the same time, I don't want it to look too perfect either.  You know, like clock in the middle, three pictures on one side, three pictures on the other.  That's not my thing.  So, for awhile, the clock may be the only thing I hang until I can figure out what kind of "look" I'm going for and can accomplish.  

Next Hobby Lobby find.....


I know it doesn't look like much, but I'm absolutely drooling over this one.  I've been wanting and looking for a piece of art to go over my mantle for a loooooong time now.  Everything I find isn't exactly right for my decor or it's INSANELY expensive.  I love art, but I'm not paying $100 for something to hang on the wall.  Call me crazy.

So, when I found this for $30, I knew it was made for my house.  The picture doesn't do it justice at. all. because it's got flecks of gold on the flowers and navy in the stems that I think pop out when I put it up against my navy accent wall.  I'm so in love.


*sigh*  How do I love thee, Hobby Lobby?  Let me count the (numerous) ways......


1 comments:

Unknown said...

So, how did this go? I just got the same oversized eall clock from the same store in Wisconsin. How did you hang it? Do have pictures?

Post a Comment

Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...